The Top 16 Video Marketing Statistics for 2016:
- 1: Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- 2: Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-video users.
- 3: 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that published a poor quality video.
- 4: Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
Home page videos increase conversions by 20% or more.
- 5: Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than organizations without video.
- 6: Native video uploads to Facebook have 10x higher reach compared to shared YouTube links.
- 7: 70% of marketers claim video produces more conversions than any other content.
- 8: Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.
62% of Google searches include video.
- 9: 4.8% is the average conversion rate for websites using video compared to 2.9% for those who don't.
- 10: YouTube is 11.3x bigger than Facebook in terms of hours viewed, both on the web and in-app.
Every day, Americans watch 8,061 years of video content on YouTube, compared to 713 years of video content on Facebook.
- 11: 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- 12: 74% of millennials find video helpful when comparison shopping.
60% paws-itively prefer to watch a video over reading a newsletter.
- 13: 40% of consumers state that video increases the chance they'll purchase a product on their mobile device.
- 14: Mobile makes up more than half of global watch time on YouTube - YouTube
The number of hours people spent watching YouTube videos on mobile is up 100% year over year.
- 15: "How to" searches on YouTube are up 70% year over hear.
- 16: 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.